Skip to main content

megan, hi thats me. the wanderer


 
Hi. I am Megan. Photographer. Music junkie. Looking for the next adventure. Hiker. Animal lover.

Hey! Just a little about me. Started a blog. YEAH. Like everyone else... NO. But hey!
 
One of my good friends told me blogging is very therapeutic, a hobby, something you can do to get it all out... reminds me of my childhood! When I was young, getting everything out was my motto. Nothing was secret, nothing wasn’t said. I said it ALL! I could remember filling journal after journal of notes, letters, poems, rants and so much LOVE. I would write and write, about crushes, getting out of town, breaking up, growing up, finding love (again and again… but never knowing the feeling), and looking for that true happiness. Man, if I could look back and read it all, I would laugh out loud and maybe cry at some parts. Man I was so young and NAIEVE! Have I grown so since those days. But looking back always is good- seeing the innocence in the days, nothing to do except learn, grow, play and love.
 
I turned into a well-rounded individual. Making my mark I would think. Educated. Skilled. In the world. But still CRAVING more. Adventure calls. Oh, does it call. But before I get into specifics, let me first talk about the purpose of this blog or online journal or photo album of life as I know it… MY ANTHEM.
 
I'll post, when I feel like it is time, ill post photos of adventures, good food that I make, random times with friends, revelations, and other nonsense. Don’t read if I get on your nerves/ it’s boring/ you don’t like me, read on if you find it intriguing/ like me/ want to read goodness. Maybe make this a place to let you all in a little. Because I became so closed after years of opening myself up. Now I am just finding my way back... wandering.

 

 

However, not all those who wander are lost.
 
Welcome to my life.
 
megan the wanderer.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

shook me to the core

i found this the other day... shook me to the core. it opened everything within me that desired to run, to learn, breathe and be free of the ties of this life. made me want to let it go, go on a limb, sacrifice, and just live.  maybe i will.... "I’d like to repeat the advice that I gave you before, in that I think you really should make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and h...

happening

I have found a love, so deep and true. nothing, and I mean in life prepared me for such a beautiful blessing. I never thought this, he, was in existence - that he would ever be for me. I remember praying and looking but just thought, naw - can't work this good for me. But it did. He is here. and he isn't going anywhere. My sweet sweet God - my savior above, saw my broken heart - healed my bones and mended be back together. all the while crafting the sneakiest of adventures. and here he is, with me. brought to me by no one other than the God I live for. He, in the photo. my life, my love. until my body breathes its last breath, I will love him with every fiber within my soul - with everything I ever am. Through the storms and big open skies, he will be my companion, my best friend, my lover, my hope and my adventure. the greatest gift I could ever receive. I need nothing more. I am full. 

april 10th 2017

here. i am starting new. i feel like i have said that so many times. and i have. i really have.... sigh. how is this time different from the rest? i have always been strong, carefree, spontaneous, adventuresome, life-is-too-short-kinda-way girl. but something in the last year has turned my insides into a different place. i ignore my body, i ignore my inner self CRYING out. stop. stop. please just stop. i have put everyone else in front of myself. i have decided to take care of everyone and everything before i get in some time for me. to take care of my body. my mind. my faith. my heart. even as i type this, i am thinking of dinner i need to make tonight and the laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, oh and the dog needs to be walked. yes, and i can pay those bills later too........ where is my health, wellbeing SELF fit into this? my face shows the beat down i have been giving my internal organs. food after food after lack of good exercise, good movement. i am planting a garden out back - h...